Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Who's that?

Was tweaking my blog yesterday (correcting a typo as pointed out by Spinky) when my brother said this. He couldn't recognise the girl in the blog header. =P


Saw a little girl in a PCF uniform on the train today. Short hair, cut very evenly and not layered. Wide eyed and in wonder of the world around her. Reminded me of when I was a little girl, when I aspired to be a scientist, or a pianist or a artist. Well... I jumped off the path to be a scientist, never got to learn to play the piano and art... I find that my sketchings are too restricted. When I do draw, I draw what I see as is. I often wish I could sketch more and every now and then, I'm tempted to buy myself a set of colour pencils (you know, the kind where it's a set of 128 and there are all sorts of funky colours), sit down somewhere and just draw. But I know that being the perfectionist that I am, I'ld probably be too engrossed in making something perfect, then to actually accept something random.


I look back and think about how simply I used to think:

  1. Go to a good Sec school (check)
  2. Go to a good JC (check)
  3. Get a decent degree (check)
  4. Find a stable job (check - though I'm not sure how long I can last in this job.=P)
  5. Meet the man of my dreams (work in progress)
  6. Settle down (dependent on item 5 above)
  7. Have two or four kids (ditto)
    [Note: Yes, even numbers, because it's easier for kids to play games in even numbers. Although I suppose the preference is two because of the difficulties of raising four kids and that maybe I'll get tired after three. =P]

Back then, I didn't know what hyprocisy and heart ache were. I remember that up to university, I left people the impression that I was a carefree girl. Although I think that my desire to be carefree had churned out problems of its own. =P


The path of getting to where I am today has been more difficult that I had imagined it to be when I was five. But I constantly remind myself that my path has been a much smoother one compared to some others out there. I'm lucky to have the support of my family (though we don't really express ourselves. =P), the Pals and all you guys out there who have made a difference to my life in one way or another.

Thanks.

No comments: