Saturday, November 04, 2006

Inefficiency

Very slow with work. And very disorganised - not just my desk, but also the way I work. Wonder if it's cos the period after YCE "quit" my dept, I regained my original portfolio at the peak amount of work to be done so I never really recovered from that even though I held on to the work for just 3 months... Just hoping to catch up with my work at some point in time... soon.


Met up w Peo and HD for dinner today. The ultimate LSR fan couldn't join us cos she had last minute job commitments. =P Haven't met them since X'mas last year, I think. Been so long! HD had her hair permed and is taking piano lessons now. Peo has become a fitness enthusiast and just keeps slimming down. Too bad I don't have the motivation to run twice a week like she does. =P Had dinner at Swensens at Parkway, which had terrible service. Food was terrible too. Won't ever go there again.


It was fun catching up with them. Peo's teaching in an all-girls sch while HD's back at our alma mater. We got HD to update us on how our former teachers are doing... and were amazed to know that some teachers have remained at status quo since we left school 8 years ago.


The perennial question of whether we would all make careers out of our jobs popped up in our conversation. The Today article a couple of weeks back also reminded us that it would be difficult for us to return to our "roots".


Peo, HD and I are a lot alike in certain ways, e.g. we haven't learned to drive. I suspect that the three of us (and quite possibly the ultimate LSR fan too) are also the kind who are too comfortable in our jobs to explore other options. =P Peo and HD commented that I'd been the most on-the-ball member of our group back in university. Wonder what had happened to me over the last year and half.


Must be the dehydration. *wink*

No comments: