Wednesday, November 08, 2006

24 roses for 24 candles...

DD had been planning to surprise me for a while... And surprised I was. He had contemplated blindfolding me and leading me onto the taxi so that he could tell the driver where to bring us w/o me hearing it. But he didn't have to - all he needed to do was to tell the driver where to go b4 I boarded the taxi. =)


Had to keep my eyes closed near the end of the taxi ride. When we arrived at our destination, he helped me out of the taxi, and led me to a waiting point. It was so scary to walk with my eyes closed, even though he was leading me along. I guess it was the uncertainty of walking blind. I held onto something while he went off for a short while.



I couldn't help taking a glance and saw DD queueing to buy tickets. Thought we were at Singapore River and that he was going to bring me on a bum boat ride. I confessed to have opened my eyes for a sec and guessed where we were. DD didn't realised that I had guessed wrongly and let me open my eyes. And I saw a huge balloon in front of me. =P


DD had brought me to the DHL hot air balloon... Decided to be sporting and kept my eyes closed as he led me from the pavement into the balloon. The view was pretty good; too bad the day was a bit hazy...


After that, dinner. DD had thought to flag down a taxi but we were on the wrong side of the road. =P So we took a leisurely walk... and ended up at Curry Favor at Capitol Building. We didn't really know where the main entrance was so stumbled into Moon River next door, which was apparently a sister outlet.



We had curry for dinner. Don't usually eat Jap curry cos I prefer sushi but it was pretty good. =) DD called for the bill and went to the front of the restaurant to check out their credit card promos. Next thing I knew, the waitress came with a Robinsons plastic bag and the biggest bouquet I'd ever gotten. Pretty much guessed that the present was a Barbie doll when I felt the box. =P


After dinner, we walked around the area:
Capitol -> Raffles City -> Citylink -> Esplanade -> Merlion Park -> Old Merlion Park -> Along Singapore River (Boat Quay?) -> past Parliament House -> past Funan the IT Mall -> stopover at Peninsula to buy green tea -> back to Capitol!


By the time we got back to Capitol, it was only 1015 or so. Felt like it was too early to go home. Asked DD if I could go to his place to play playstation games but he wasn't too keen and suggested that we could just take a bus ride to his place and from his place back to mine. Felt a bit let down... and DD caved in and brought me home. =P


While DD set up his playstation, I logged into my msn account on his PC. Chatted with CTC who is currently on course in India. We played a few games of Solitaire Showdown too. After that, we played a few Neopets games (Yes, I'm still playing Neopets games). Then we moved onto playstation and played a few rounds of Dynasty Warriors 3.


By the time we were tired, it was around 3+. The same thought crossed our minds - hit the swings. =) [Note: My favourite part of a playground is the swing.] As I sat on the swing, briefly reflected on the year that had passed... all the ups and downs and pondered if I had actually grown up over the last year. At 0354 hrs, DD brought me to the bench and sang me the birthday song... and popped out the final surprise of the day. =)


For my birthday, treated DD to lunch at T-mall. We had thought to go blading after that but the sky looked threatening and I didn't think I should be carrying blades on his bike. =P So at my suggestion, we went to Escape Theme Park. Only to find that it's only open on weekends! Sheesh... Since Wild Wild Wet was open and home was nearby, we rode home again to pick up my swimsuit. Spent an afternoon at Wild Wild Wet before dinner at Lemongrass to satisfy my craving for pineapple rice. =P


Thank you, DD for spending time with me to remember my 24th birthday...

No comments: