Monday, September 11, 2006

Bringing Butter Back to Life...

My sis wants a guinea pig. My mum is going on and on about the responsibilities involved in taking care of a pet i.e. we won't be able to handle it.


There's a lot of things that we may think that we can't handle, but we can. If we try. Many times, we're a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for but we'ld rather reproach ourselves. Recently, a friend related a story of how she was bullied in secondary school and no one stood up for her. How this made her into someone who stands up strongly for a friend. Never knew that an incident like that had such an impact on someone like her. As I thank her for being my friend, I recall how I always thought she was the senior who had her own clique and was too cool for me. Guess not. =P


As I re-read a friend's blog just now, I was reminded of something that I constantly ask myself too - am I ever nice enough to ever be someone's chosen Ms Right? Sometimes I find that I really am not a "nice" girl by various definitions but somehow, I seem to have left certain impressions on some ppl that give the impression that I am "nice"... and maybe just enough. Thanks... for thinking so nicely of me. ^ ^


You're not alone. We all have our vulnerable moments where we want to just wallow in self-pity or think that we have to face the difficulties by ourselves. Sometimes we forget that our true friends are always there to lend a helping hand. Even if you don't think you need it, your friend stands by you. So don't lock your heart and throw away the key. Failure just means we need more patience. You may not know it, you may not have faith in it, but God has made plans for you. With each heartache, be it cos of relationships or friendships, comes a better understanding of yourself and your strengths. =)


As an aside, I found out today that the grapevines in the office are well entwined. =P As much as I think I'm just an insignificant employee, there seems to be much interest in my personal life. Wonder how many colleagues actually read my blog?

No comments: