Monday, January 19, 2009

Just barely...

Passed my driving test!!! I really thought I was gg to fail after I struck the kerb twice. Thankfully, striking the kerb when attempting to vertical park is only 4 pts. I didn't get tested for emergency braking or u-turn. I wonder if I wld have failed then. =P

SO GLAD I PASSED!!! As I got out of the car and followed the tester, I really thought I was going to fail. When he looked at me sternly and said I just made it, I really couldn't believe it.

Took my passport sized photos just before the test. After the test, in a moment of panic (stemming from the jitteriness that hadn't dispelled since the test was over), I thought I misplaced the photos... Quickly went to reprint. Subsequently found the original lot in my wallet's coin compartment. Lucky for me, DD says that my move to the UAE would require 12 passport sized photos at least. PHEW.

After that, went to Robinsons. I bought an Aquasource set two Fridays ago, but because they didn't have stock, the promoter got me to buy something of equivalent value first, then come back and exchange when the stock came in. Used a $5 discount voucher on that purchase. Was quite upset with Robinsons. First, the salesgirl was late for work (I wanted to rush off to my dental appointment). Second, when we went to the cashier counter to exchange, the cashier said that the discount was now INVALID and I had to top up $5. I was furious. If there was going to be such complications, the promoter/cashier should have explained to me when I first bought the product. The cashier subsequently went to look for her supervisor, and grudgingly exchanged my product. I never expected such lousy service from Robinsons. They really are getting worse. Two years ago, one of the salesgirls misled me into thinking that there was a discount on a dress I wanted to buy...

Anyway, overall still a good day cos I got my driving licence! No need to delay my move to AD to retry, no need to spend more money on lessons!

No comments: