Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back from the Land of Pho!

Am 1 country away from visiting all 10 ASEAN member states. =)

IT WAS HOT. More humid than Singapore, which is currently more humid that Abu Dhabi. Da Nang itself was boring - no tourist area, just the beach, which I didn't have time to enjoy since I was there for work. The resort (Furama) was nice though, and food was great! Fresh seafood, pho... Got to go Hoi An, which is beautiful old town. Too bad didn't get a chance to go to Hue, the ancient imperial capital.

I did one of those things I've always wanted to do - get my own ao dai (pronounced zai)! At the airport, I was convinced by the boss and my colleague to buy a conical hat too - for the complete look. =P

The other girls also tailored ao dais and we're probably wearing them to the next meeting. Will upload photos then. If our Filipino colleague brings his karaoke machine, we might have a reprise of the Spicy Girls of Geneva. hee...

I was also tempted to buy those famous silk lanterns but since my AD home doesn't really have a place to hang such lanterns and it'll be some time before I own my own home in Singapore, I didn't.

Was told that Nha Trang is much more beautiful than Da Nang, and that Da Lat is a town up in the clouds where you can experience the four seasons in one day. Wouldn't mind going back to Vietnam for a holiday in future. =)

No comments: