Thursday, May 31, 2007

two year mark...

Exactly a fortnight away to the two-year mark on my first job since graduation. Sometimes I think that maybe, just maybe, I can make a career out of this. Other times, I think of what I would like to do if I quit tomorrow - study occupational therapy, play therapy, follow DD to Abu Dhabi and be a housewife and get to do all the stuff I've always wanted to do.


Last option sounds really good, especially with my new hobby. I can imagine myself staying at home, actually learning to exploit the full powers of Photoshop, cross stitching, scrapbooking all my old photos according to various themes, learning to cook properly etc. Yet I can't help but think about what some people have said of me before. That I won't be a housewife. Because I am ambitious.


I remember telling my JC/uni friend during my uni days that I wanted to be a housewife. She laughed at me. The idea of staying at home and bringing up my kids personally really does sound enticing. But they are right. I won't be able to just sit still at home.


Anyway, just some random rambling. Haven't really blogged my thoughts in a while and a random thought wasn't what inspired me to blog. Two years... two years since I joined what some call "the Death Star" with 5 young men in the same position. Within the first year, three fell. Another one will officially join their ranks in a month's time but actually leave earlier. It'll just be me, and the scholar... What am I looking for in this job? A career? Really?


I digress. I blogged because as I was clearing my photos folder, I came across these. I think I may have posted this before, with the other one taken at the same time, but let's just post it again.



Putting up this photo inspired me to do this:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


To cookie monster... may post-Death Star life bring new adventures in your life. =)


Wonder if he reads my blog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hands down the sweetest thing ever.. Tears are streaming everywhere.. Thanks to this poster, you have singlehandedly spoilt the market for all of the other girls out there that i'll ever meet for the rest of my life. I will always be in a state of lack now.. So um.. thanks, i guess...

heh but seriously. This is very cool. And yes i do read this from time to time, and i guess i'll read it more, now that i wont run into you in the corridors anymore.. you know where to get me though!

As for the bigger questions on what you're looking for in the job -- Do rem to sit down, take the time, smell the roses, and don't ever rush to decide. A holiday is fantastic for clearing the mind; the priorities will then naturally fall in place. Enjoy the process!!

diana said...

wow my hair was really long back then.

we're so old now!