Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bad day at work...

... was saved by an angel.


Was very tempted to complain about work. Was really upset and angry. Suddenly, I remember something my colleague told me today.


My colleague Alicia is the best DSO in Singapore (and according to her, Batam too). Even though I pile last minute work on her, she always manages to do it with a smile. DD's gonna be sitting at my directorate's table for D&D in Jan. Today, Alicia came by to collect money for the D&D. As she stood at the entrance to my tsunami-stricken cubicle, I pointed out that DD didn't have any dietary restrictions. She asked why and I explained.


She was happy for me. That DD was prepared to face his family's objections to be with me. She laughed when I told her that I haven't really told Mum about DD's background but was happy that at least I won't have to convert. She encouraged me to try to guide him along God's ways. While I tried to tell her that DD was unlikely to want to convert, she advised that no harm trying and pointed out that one of her fellow church-goer was married to a non-Christian. And shared her own experiences with people in mixed marriages.


Didn't expect Alicia to share this perspective but I'm really glad she did. Cos if there's one thing that really made my day, it was her words of encouragement.


Thank God for placing people like Alicia in my life. =)

No comments: