Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SKII Facial

My sister sent me a link to a promotion for $50 off an SKII facial so I went yesterday.

It started with a skin analysis - you know, one of those machines that magnify your skin wherever the scope rolls over. The therapist showed me what good skin and bad skin looked like. First time I did such a thing. Was mildly grossed out.

As my skin was rather "dull", the therapist recommended that I take the illuminating radiance (or something like that) facial, which was the third least expensive (normal price $160). Since I haven't been for a facial in a long time and I had been running around Little India and Chinatown the past two days while recovering from a flu, I decided to pamper myself and go with it.

(On a side note, I also pampered myself with a good lunch at The Handburger. Food tastes good, but I wouldn't recommend you order the onion rings and I guess similarly, the calamari. It tasted good - onion rings were sweet, batter was crispy, but it was WAY too oily.)

The facial itself was supposed to be an hour. I think it took 1h 15 min in all. It was pretty good. My face still feels "firmer" than usual (although it could be a psychological effect having spent so much on a facial). Would have been nice to take a longer nap though. =P

The staff weren't too pushy with the products and packages at the end of the facial. Could be because I told them that I'm not based in Singapore.

A good experience overall.

No comments: