Thursday, August 02, 2007

Karaoke

Directorate karaoke session today, with some others joining us midway. As usual, we ended off with Dancing Queen. Even though I had announced that this was the Directorate theme song, a non-directorate person joined in. It was our song... not for her to join in. Anyway, the others weren't drunk and it was 2+ to 4+ am so I guess the mood wasn't really the same also.

There is something wrong w the organisation. People keep quitting - because they are unhappy with the management (or the lack of it), because there are little prospects, or because they simply realise that there is something out there they that would really like to do. Some days I wonder if how long more I will stay. I wonder what happens when DD goes away. I guess I want to tell myself that I'm doing well in the job but more often than not, I get reminded that I've still got a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go. Will I be able to make up for my lack of skills?

2 comments:

lexancer said...

my dear... you are doing fine... no one comes into this or any job fully equipped with the necessary skills/abilities.

that's the whole point - to keep on learning stuff which comes in or may come in useful one day. Its all experience, and as it is, you've done great!

so don't worry! just enjoy what time you have!

XY said...

Gambatte!! Just do your best!!